Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket

Friday, August 17, 2012

Yard Sale Treasures

I have a confession. Okay, less of a confession, more of a statement.

I love going to yard sales. 

The hunt of the sale, the satisfaction of a great deal, I love it all. Plus, who doesn't love 50 cent clothing? C'mon, 50 cents, people!

My mom and I went to a few yard sales this morning (woke up at 6:30 - ouch!) before I head back to college soon.

Wanna know some not-so-secret secret rules for being an awesome yard saler?

Rule #1: If you see something you like, pick it up. You can always put it back down, but you can't take it away from the woman next to you if she picks it up first.

Rule #2: Being early is key. This also happens to be my least favorite rule. I'm not exactly a morning person. The earlier you are, the better the stuff.

Here are some of my favorite treasures from this morning.

This adorable yellow (great condition!) Dooney & Bourke purse. 
Yep, that's right. D&B. And it's real.
The price tag from when the original owners bought it was inside. Retail value? $295.
What did I pay? $15. That's a 95% discount, folks.

Next awesome find? These coach shoes.

I also found these fantastic wingtip oxfords for 2 bucks.
Aren't they cute? LOVE them. I plan on wearing these beauties a lot.

Have a great weekend, friends!

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Color me amazed! Garage sales in my hometown are never this good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just went to my first one last week and bought a pair of Nine West boots for $2.

    New follower - doing the giveaway with you on Brit's blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Pamela! Yard sales are the best.

      Thanks for dropping by and following! :)

      Alyssa

      Delete
  3. I love your blog! I've been following for a bit, and I think it's lovely!

    I gave you the liebster award over at my blog! Stop by and check it out! :)

    sincerelypeachy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feedback? Questions? Say it here! I love hearing from you all.

Please keep your comments and feedback kind and uplifting.