Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Magnetic Pin Dish // DIY

Today's tutorial is pretty short since I've been busy spending some quality time with my family. I don't get to see them very much during the school year and I just got back home from my summer job, so I'm taking advantage of every minute I have with them.

This is one of the simplest projects ever! But it has fantastic results and it is so so useful.

With some of the upcoming tutorials I have in store for you all, you are going to need this.








Here's what you'll need:
-dish
-magnets
-strong glue (I recommend E-6000 found at most crafting stores)
-Q-tips

Here's what you do;

1. Flip the dish over so that the bottom is up. Using the E-6000 and a Q-tip, apply glue to the bottom of the dish and the magnets. Press magnets on the bottom of the dish and allow to dry according to the instructions on the package.



 And that's it! Easy, right?

The pins stick to the dish and you don't have to worry about knocking it over and stepping on pins! (I speak from painful experience). Plus, it looks super cute :)

Enjoy the rest of your week!

If you aren't an official member/follower of my blog yet and you have a google, yahoo, or twitter account, sign in and join my site! I'd love to have you following along. Plus, I have some upcoming projects you won't want to miss!

I'm also now on Facebook! Like the page and get all the latest news and updates on everything Elemental Carbon.
________________________________________________________________________

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
-Proverbs 16:9
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. That's actually really handy for my new sewing machine! Thanks for the tutorial! Now I just have to find a dish that sorta matches the rest of my sewing equipment =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! Check yard sales, thrift stores/Goodwill, or even the dollar store. Cheap is always better :)

      Alyssa

      Delete
  2. This is so clever. I have a few antique bowls that are so pretty to look at but that I never use. Going to make one for me and one for each of my girls. Many thanks...
    Sally K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a fantastic idea. I'm sure your girls will love it! Thanks for stopping by.

      Alyssa

      Delete
  3. I have been using metal ones from hardware sores. these are much prettier and cheaper love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best idea EVER! So excited to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like the idea! It has been incredibly handy to keep track of all my pins.

      Alyssa

      Delete
  5. Saw something similar at a quilt shop in Oklahoma---super, super expensive!!! You can buy a metal version at an auto parts store for under $10.00, but who wants to when you can have soooo much more Style doing it your way!! Thanks in the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just tried this but it doesnt seem to be working too well. I used magnets that I bought at a variety store and a pretty little dish. If I put one pin in it sort of sticks, any more and nothing, turn it upside down and they all fall out. Any tips. Do I need a thinner dish or stronger magnets?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback? Questions? Say it here! I love hearing from you all.

Please keep your comments and feedback kind and uplifting.