Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Beaded Lace Bracelet // DIY

Yesterday I moved into my new dorm room with some of my best friends. I'm very busy unpacking and quite tired, but I still have this fantastic tutorial lined up for you guys.

Today we're making a beaded lace bracelet! 

I got the inspiration for this from pinterest (big surprise). I got the idea here, but unfortunately  there wasn't a tutorial, so I thought I would try it out and then write one myself!





Thanks to Lauren for modeling the bracelet for me! Did you miss her in my post a couple weeks ago? Catch it here!

Now on to the tutorial!


Here's what you'll need:
-Needle and Thread
-Lace trimming (not the kind that is bunched up on one side, the kind that lays perfectly flat)
-Pearl-like beads (I got mine at Hobby Lobby and I got different kinds - small round, large round, and long skinny ones)
-Pearl-like buttons (or other buttons if you prefer)
-Thin elastic cord

These are the supplies that I used:

Here's what you do:

1. Take the lace and cut it to fit your wrist. I cut it so that it fit perfectly without overlapping at all because the button closure will add a little bit of length.

2. Start sewing on the pearl beads. 


There isn't really a method or process to this. I tried to follow the pattern of the lace so that the pearl beads made a pattern like the lace did underneath. I left the edges untouched so you could still see part of the lace.


3. Once you have finished sewing on all the beads, attach the pearl buttons to one end to form the closure. I used three.


4. Then, cut small pieces of thin elastic and attach loops to the end. This was a little more difficult because you need to get the needle through the middle of the elastic otherwise it will just slide right out of the stitching.


And you're done!

It's a relatively easy project, but somewhat time consuming. It took a couple hours so I just watched Netflix while doing it.

Let me know if this inspired you! See my Contact Me "element symbol" at the top right of the page.

If you aren't an official member/follower of my blog yet and you have a google, yahoo, or twitter account, sign in and join my site! I'd love to have you following along!
________________________________________________________________________

"Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit."
-Matthew 12:33
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is such a good idea! Now I just need beads....

    Also, I nominated you for a liebster award. You can find out more here: http://www.uncommonplaceblog.com/2012/08/liebster.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh i love it! unfortunately i dont know how to sew lol..but i would like to attempt this tutorial!!! i already have some flat lace fabric :) how did you attach the pearl buttons? sewing or hot glue??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't be difficult at all, even if you don't know how to sew! It's more of just threading the beads onto the lace in a way. I sewed the buttons on the end to make sure that they wouldn't fall off since I'm clumsy! :)

      Delete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! And it could go with sooo many things! :D

    -Hannah

    thirstyworlddesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! I am deffinitely going to give it a try :) Thank you for your efforts!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Feedback? Questions? Say it here! I love hearing from you all.

Please keep your comments and feedback kind and uplifting.